We all know to lose weight we should eat healthy and exercise more. How about something new?
Here are 10 Life hacks to help you reach your goals.
1. Brush your teeth more often
-Have you ever found you don’t want to eat after just brushing your teeth? Right! After you eat dinner, brush your teeth to avoid dessert and evening snacks.
2. Write a list of your goals and tape it to the cupboard.
– If you have to see your goals before you reach for a snack, you’re more likely to choose wisely
3. Are you a mindless snacker like me? Write a list of other activies to do besides snacking a tape it somewhere visible.
-Like option 2, reading a list of other things you can do will deter you from reaching in to the snack cupboard when you are not hungry
4. When you are about to eat, call your best friend.
-When we get bored, we tend to go for the refrigerator. See if you are actually just bored by doing something else first.
5.Instead of sending an email, walk over to the person and talk to them.
6. Have your veggies prepared in little snack bags
– We are 10X more likely to grab a snack that is easy and prepared than one we have to “cook”. Don’t give yourself a reason to chose a packaged snack and prepare your healthy snacks ahead of time.
7. At a bar or party? Don’t sit!
– We tend to drink, on average, twice as fast if we are just sitting having a drink than walking, dancing, talking, etc. PLUS dancing or at least walking around burns calories too. Select to stand the next time you are out.
8. Mix Apple Cider Vinegar with your morning glass of water
-Yes, this age ol’ myth works. It speeds up your metabolism!
9. Piggy Backing from #9. Be Sure To Drink Your Water!!
– If our bodies become dehydrated, we often feel hungry. Our bodies do this because we are more likely to act on the hunger sensation than thirst. Stay hydrated, Please.
10. Watching TV? Stand on every commercial.
Do a small bit of exercise while watching TV. Not only will this help you be more active, but being active will deter your mind from wanting to snack.